Junior Back End Developer
When ideas lead, great things can happen.
Are you looking to kick-start your development career? We are on the lookout for a Junior Back End Developer to join Absolute. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, willing to learn and work well as part of a team. Absolute is an integrated creative & digital agency based in Bolton, Greater Manchester that specialises in brand, digital and content delivery. Our studio is based in an 8,000 sq ft converted church in Horwich (30 minutes from Manchester/Preston), with good transport links to the M61 motorway and Horwich Parkway train station. Free parking is available outside the studio.
If successful you will work under our Technical Director to learn and develop your skills and build experience while working on live projects to deliver effective digital solutions for a number of global brands. You will be required to stay up to date with industry news and developments and seek out learning opportunities.
- Understanding of programming concepts (e.g. MVC frameworks)
- Independent learning and work on your own initiative
- Problem solving capability and innovative thinking
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Contribute and communicate ideas effectively
- An approachable and friendly attitude
Also nice to have
(or skills you will learn)
- PHP development, using the Laravel framework
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and well documented code
- Working with databases, particularly MySQL
- Experience working with CMS systems (e.g. Magento, WordPress, Joomla)
- Developing bespoke applications based on a brief
- An understanding of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Domain, server and hosting management
- Version control, preferably Git
We pride ourselves on making Absolute a friendly and welcoming agency, which is why we offer a number of initiatives to help support you as a team-member and personally. This is what you can expect if you join us:
A great studio environment
This includes communal spaces to break away from your desk, work in project specific studios and the option to jump into the photography studio should you need it. We also have our own ping-pong and pool tables to let off steam.
Team building activities
We like to get together and socialise as often as we can. Team lunches, quiz nights, nights out and even trips abroad are all part and parcel of working with us.
Health is a priority
We’re aware that we don’t work in the most active of jobs, which is why we offer gym subsidies to keep you happy and healthy. We also keep our studio stocked with fresh fruit every week. Alongside access to mental well-being services should you need it.
Learning is encouraged
Wether you have a desire to pick up a letterpress course, an advertising course or visit an exhibition/event or whatever it is that you need to keep inspired, we offer a personal budget for creative development.
Time off work
We offer a good holiday entitlement which increases every year that you’re with us. We don’t expect you to work on your birthday either.