Front End Developer
We are looking to add an enthusiastic and talented front end web developer to our digital team. If successful, you will work on some fantastic upcoming digital projects for a number of global brands. You will be expected to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry and bring fresh ideas and thinking to the agency.
Absolute is an integrated agency with bold ideas, specialising in brand building, digital innovation and campaign delivery. Our studio is based in a 6,000 sq ft converted church in Horwich, close to the M61 motorway (30 minutes from Manchester and Preston) and Horwich Parkway train station with free parking outside the studio.
- Minimum of 2 years agency experience
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS)
- Good understanding of web technologies and standards including HTML, CSS and JS
- Familiarity with JS frameworks (e.g. VueJS/React) and CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS)
- Experience using version control, preferably Git
- Working knowledge of PHP (Laravel) and MySQL an advantage
- Good problem solving skills with desire to deliver innovative technical solutions
- Consistently proactive with excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with ability to self manage time and resources
- Convert design visuals into fully responsive front-end code using modern technologies
- Write and maintain clean, efficient and well documented codebases
- Knowledge and consideration for factors like performance, SEO and accessibility
- Carry out testing across a project’s agreed scope of devices and browsers
- Work with the digital team to share knowledge and develop resources
- Work with the creative team to support design and user experience process
- Work with the client services team to support project scheduling and time estimation
We pride ourselves on making Absolute a friendly and welcoming agency, which is why we offer a number of initiatives to help support you as a team-member and personally. This is what you can expect if you join us:
A great studio environment
This includes communal spaces to break away from your desk, work in project specific studios and the option to jump into the photography studio should you need it. We also have our own ping-pong and pool tables to let off steam.
Team building activities
We like to get together and socialise as often as we can. Team lunches, quiz nights, nights out and even trips abroad are all part and parcel of working with us.
Health is a priority
We’re aware that we don’t work in the most active of jobs, which is why we offer gym subsidies to keep you happy and healthy. We also keep our studio stocked with fresh fruit every week. Alongside access to mental well-being services should you need it.
Learning is encouraged
Wether you have a desire to pick up a letterpress course, an advertising course or visit an exhibition/event or whatever it is that you need to keep inspired, we offer a personal budget for creative development.
Time off work
We offer a good holiday entitlement which increases every year that you’re with us. We don’t expect you to work on your birthday either.