Business Development Manager
Absolute is a bold agency for ambitious clients.
We create brand impact through a unique blend of strategy, ideas driven creative and digital experiences that deliver results for ambitious clients.
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the agency and help support our ambitious growth plans. You will oversee all new business pitches and prospecting initiatives for the agency. Working closely with the Directors and the Marketing Manager to support new business acquisition across our brand, campaign and digital services.
Absolute has ambitious growth plans over the next couple of years following a strong 24 months working on some fantastic award nominated client projects. You’ll have the chance to work in an inclusive and collaborative culture that encourages our team to do their best work.
As Business Development Manager, you’ll be the one ensuring we are on top of all potential opportunities that come in from the delivery of our 2021/22 marketing strategy, as well as opening up other potential opportunities via networking etc. You will also need to keep on top of all the main tender portals and respond to any tender requests.
- Work with the management team to set a strategy and objectives for lead generation
- Build and implement a business development plan
- Source new leads and develop a network of key stakeholders to develop pipeline
- Orchestrate/attend new business meetings/pitches, participate and prepare presentations
- Manage our tender portals for opportunities
- Manage day to day activities for new business strategy and lead generation campaigns - track new business contacts/CRM database and follow ups
- Work with the marketing team to plan agency campaigns across our key services
- Support the development of key collateral including agency presentations, case studies, marketing material and sales campaigns
- Support/coordinate outbound activities to help generate new business opportunities
- Attend networking events and trade shows as an Absolute Ambassador
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in the marketing industry, preferably within a branding, digital or content creation agency
- Is comfortable presenting or pitching confidently alongside the senior leadership team
- Able to deliver tailored presentations and proposals, with support from the wider team
We pride ourselves on making Absolute a friendly and welcoming agency, which is why we offer a number of initiatives to help support you as a team-member and personally. This is what you can expect if you join us:
A great studio environment
We have invested a great deal in to our studio space, and this was endorsed by being included in Prolific North's "Most Inspiring Places to Work" campaign a few years ago. This includes communal spaces to break away from your desk, work in project specific studios etc. We also have our own ping-pong and pool tables areas to let off steam. New for 2020 was our new studio bar, that for obvious reasons hasn't been used as much as we would have liked but hopefully that will change in 2021/22.
Team building activities
We like to get together and socialise as often as we can. Team lunches, quiz nights, nights out and even trips abroad are all part and parcel of working at Absolute. This years weekend away has been postponed due to covid but we are hoping to be going to Portugal in April 2022. We have even hired chefs to come in and cook amazing meals for the team in our studio.
Health is a priority
We’re aware that we don’t work in the most active of jobs, which is why we have built our own in house gym for all staff to keep you happy and healthy, which includes a full subscription to Peloton (Bike & Running machine). We also keep our studio stocked with fresh fruit every week. Alongside access to mental well-being services should you need it. Also, being based very close to the picturesque Rivington, we have invested in Absolute Mountain Bikes for you to explore the reservoirs or hills around the agency to clear your head.
Learning is encouraged
Whether you have a desire to pick up a letterpress course, an SEO course or visit an exhibition/event or whatever it is that you need to keep inspired, we offer a personal budget for your development.
Time off work
We offer a good holiday entitlement which increases every year that you’re with us. We don’t expect you to work on your birthday either or take time off for appointments.
We’re keen to maintain as much of a studio environment as possible, but also understand everyone’s needs are different. So we offer flexible working to suit each person's requirements and needs.