Back End Developer
We are looking to add an enthusiastic and talented backend web developer to join our digital team. You will work on some fantastic upcoming digital projects for various global brands. You’ll want to stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry and bring fresh ideas and thinking to the agency. This is a truly great time to join and grow within this creative, forward-thinking agency.
Absolute is an integrated digital agency with bold ideas, specialising in brand building, digital innovation and campaign delivery. Our studio is based in a 10,000 sq ft converted church in Horwich, close to the M61 motorway (30 minutes from Manchester and Preston) and Horwich Parkway train station with free parking outside the studio.
- Understanding of programming concepts (e.g. MVC frameworks).
- Independent learning and work on your own initiative.
- Problem solving capability and innovative thinking.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Contribute and communicate ideas effectively.
- PHP development experience, using frameworks such as Laravel.
- Experience of front-end technologies (HTML, CSS).
- Experience working with CMS systems (e.g. Magento, WordPress, Joomla).
- Working with databases, particularly MySQL.
- Version control, preferably Git.
- Working on live projects to deliver effective digital solutions for a wide variety of brands.
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments and seek out learning opportunities to ensure we’re always at the cutting edge.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and well documented code.
- Develop bespoke applications based on client briefs, proactively feeding in suggestions and solutions.
- Domain, server and hosting management.
We pride ourselves on making Absolute a friendly and welcoming agency, which is why we offer initiatives to help support you as a team-member and personally. So, what can you expect if you join us?
A great studio environment
We’ve invested a great deal in our studio space, and this was included in Prolific North's "Most Inspiring Places to Work" campaign a few years ago. This includes communal spaces to break away from your desk, work in project specific studios etc. We also have our own ping-pong and pool table areas along with a new studio bar to let off steam.
Team building activities
We like to get together and socialise as often as we can. Team lunches, quiz nights, nights out and even trips abroad are all part and parcel of working with Absolute. We’ve even hired chefs to come in and cook amazing meals for the team in our studio.
Health is a priority
We’re aware that we don’t work in the most active of jobs, which is why we’ve built our own in-house gym for all staff to keep you happy and healthy. This includes a full subscription to Peloton (Bike & Running machine). We also keep our studio stocked with fresh fruit every week alongside access to mental well-being services should you need it. Also, being based very close to the picturesque Rivington, we’ve invested in Absolute Mountain Bikes for you to explore the reservoirs or hills around the agency to clear your head.
Learning is encouraged
Whether you have a desire to pick up a letterpress course, an SEO course or visit an exhibition/event or whatever it is that you need to keep inspired, we offer a personal budget for creative & technical development.
Time off work
We offer 24 days holiday a year (plus bank hols obviously) and we don’t expect you to work on your birthday or take time off for appointments.
We currently offer a blend of studio and home working. We want to maintain the highly collaborative levels of working whilst providing some flexibility.
Dependent on Experience